2022 Great Alaska Aviation Gathering - Schedules, Attractions, and Activities
A one-day aircraft maintenance workshop with presentations for aircraft owners and maintenance professionals regarding care and potentially upgrading your aircraft. Seminars will be eligible for credit toward IA Renewal and/or Aviation Maintenance Technician awards program.
Registration is required. Register here.
Alaska State Fairgrounds (Palmer, AK) (click here for Google Maps)
Friday, May 6th
- 9 am - 3 pm: maintenance workshop
- 3 pm - 5:30 pm: exclusive sales and networking with over 100 global aviation exhibitors (avoid Saturday and Sunday crowds)
Who should attend
- Aircraft owners
- Aviation maintenance professionals
Workshops & Seminars
All seminars are eligible for:
- credit toward an Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) program
- Aviation Maintenance Technicians may earn AMT awards program credits for each seminar hour attended. To obtain credit, sign-in on the sheets circulated in each workshop or seminar and record your registration number.
- credit toward IA renewal.
- IA's attending will earn credits toward the renewal of their certificate for all seminars and workshops
9 am - 9:50 am: Aircraft Preconditioning/Preheating with Installation and Servicing Tips | Doug Evink of Tanis Aircraft Products
Description: For cold weather operations, engine preheat is always required. Learn best practices for preconditioning your aircraft to protect your engine in all weather conditions.
10 am - 11:50 am: PT6 Update | Robert Steel and Francis Marotte of Pratt & Whitney
Description: Listen to a detailed update on the PT6 engine. Rob Steel is the Pratt & Whitney Canada Field Support Manager for the states of Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, and British Columbia, Canada. He has 32 years of experience with Pratt & Whitney Canada and started his career in experimental & engine testing. Francis Marotte is the Service Engineering Manager for Pratt & Whitney Canada supporting the PT6A-114/A and PT6A-140 fleet worldwide. He has 17 years of experience with P&WC in Transmission Design and Service Engineering.
12 pm - 12:50 pm: Weight and Balance Presentation | John Pratt of Pratt Aviation Services
Description: This presentation will discuss aircraft weight and balance, the procedures for weighing an aircraft, and documenting the results. It will also include a discussion on control surface balancing.
1 pm - 1:50 pm: Spark Plug Design and Maintenance | Vince Bechtel of Tempest Aero Group
Description: This presentation will include an in-depth discussion of spark plug maintenance including proper gapping, cleaning, and troubleshooting.
2 pm - 2:50 pm: Corrosion Prevention | Mark Pearson of Lear Chemical Research Corporation
Description: A 50-minute technical presentation, covering Effective Corrosion Control using thin-film water displacement compounds.