2022 Raffle Plane, a Carbon Cub FX-3, Built by Alaskans
Read About The FX-3 Build Timeline Below
- Raffle fundraiser begins. Tickets on-sale.
Phase 1: November 15th - 19th
Monday the 15th
- Cut and prepare carbon fiber, fiberglass, and other materials for wing bows, cowling, engine baffles, floorboard and more.
- Cut the fabric envelops for the wings, fuselage, landing gear, and tail feathers, along with the ballistic materials for the rear seat.
- Cut tubes, fabricate bushings on CNC lathes, and work with manual mills.
Tuesday the 16th
- Drill, bend, and compress various tubes.
- Produce leading- and trailing-edge ribs for the flaps and ailerons on the press.
Wednesday the 17th
- Form the instrument panel.
- Arrange tubing to be welded into the fuselage, stabilizers, elevators, and rudder.
- Prepare landing gear for welding.
Thursday the 18th
- Assemble the flaps and ailerons.
Friday the 19th
- Cut wiring for various electronics and avionics.
- Cut and crimp control cables, assemble wheels and tires, and trim the windshield.
Phase 2: February 28th - March 1st
- The Phase 2 build crew heads to Yakima to assemble the FX3.
- The FAA inspects the aircraft for airworthiness.