Traveling Station Agent
Sterling Airways dba Aleutian Airways is led by respected and successful long-time aviation professionals with strong financial backing. We are seeking an experienced Traveling Station Agentwho wants to grow in and add excitement to their career. This role offers a unique opportunity to work and travel in Alaska and in an aviation culture of respect, fun, and professionalism. Must have no limitations on ability to travel for work duties. We are setting a new standard in aviation with our guiding principles of safety, reliability, passion, professional excellence, integrity, and respect.
- Experience as a Station Agent in a Part 121 environment
- Must have ability to travel with limited notice and not have limitations on days away per month
- Ability to perform above wing (customer service at check in or gate) and below wing (ramp and outdoor physical) duties
- Customer Service experience
- Ability to provide solid examples of superb customer service skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a consistent basis
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in any of our destination locations including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Must be able to remain calm during adverse conditions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
- Top pay with a stable and rapidly growing company that offers career and income growth.
- Get in on the ground floor, enjoy the excitement, challenge, and rewards
- Love who you work with! We have a positive, fun, professional and respectful culture
- Company pays 90% of employee HDHP medical insurance, dental, vision and supplemental insurance benefits at low cost available, company contribution to HSA, 112 hours of PTO annually, 401K, tuition discount
This position will report to the Station Manager at each work location
- Travel to all Aleutian Airways remote stations to assist as needed (current bases are ANC, SDP, CDB, AKN, DUT, HOM)
- Keep the station orderly and clean
- Keep all equipment in working order and reporting if repairs need to be made.
- Ensure safety practices are being followed and reporting hazardous conditions.
- Ensure safety and security regulations are met when passengers access the tarmac for aircraft boarding and deplaning.
- Maintain currency on all training requirements.
- Conduct GSC or CRO duties, after receiving and successfully passing training.
- Comply with local airport, FAA, and TSA policies.
- Load catering supplies and equipment as needed.
- Remove trash and straighten cabin when applicable.
- Station opening and closing.
- Check in passengers and baggage. Maintain confidentiality of passenger’s flight and personal information
- Follow security procedures.
- Perform Cargo Load Report procedures.
- Enplane and deplane passengers.
- Aircraft security search procedures.
- Ensure all monies are accounted for, secured and deposited per Company procedures.
- For those that operating ground equipment, any restrictions noted on the license will also apply when operating Company-owned vehicles.
- General ground handling of aircraft, baggage and other ground operations.
- Handle aircraft operation while it’s on the ground.
- Marshall aircraft for parking and departure; wing-walking if assigned.
- Load and unload baggage; carry-on and checked baggage.
- Ground equipment operation.
- Other duties as assigned
Pay $19-22 per hour (DOE) when in base, additional pay of $38 per day and $42 daily per diem when working at remote base.