Getting to the Gathering
Location and Time
The 2023 event will be at the Alaska State Fairgrounds and the Palmer Municipal Airport on Saturday, May 6th from 9 AM until 5 PM and Sunday, May 7th from 10 AM until 5 PM.
FREE SHUTTLE provided between the campground, Palmer Municipal Airport, and the Alaska State Fairgrounds!
NEW & IMPROVED SHUTTLE! Two direct, express shuttles between the airport and fairgrounds, and one shuttle that operates between the following destinations:
- Alaska State Fairgrounds
- South Airport Events
- North Airport Parking 1
- North Airport Parking 2
- Matanuska River RV Park
- Downtown Palmer Pavilion
Click the map to expand the route.
- Free public parking in the red parking lot (see adjacent map).
- Limited parking is available at the airport. Plan to walk or take the free shuttle if you can.
- Handicap parking is available in the parking lot behind Raven Hall. (see adjacent map).
Alaska State Fairgrounds
Palmer Municipal Airport
Flying your Aircraft to the Gathering?
Fly into the airport, stay for the day, and fly out.
- Navigate to Warren "Bud" Woods Palmer Municipal Airport (PAAQ)
- Check back for Temporary Air Traffic Control details and landing procedures.
Fly into the airport, camp for FREE Friday and/or Saturday night, and fly out Sunday.
- Reserve a campsite (space is limited, registration is required, FREE). **REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SPRING 2023**
Camping or Parking your RV?
RV Campsites will be available for the event. Please check back for details in Spring of 2023.