COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
It is the goal of the Alaska Airmen’s Association to continue the tradition of the Great Alaska Aviation Gathering while maintaining a safe environment with options to allow all attendees and exhibitors to participate in a manner that suits their personal comfort level. This year, we have scheduled the event for May 8th and 9th at the Alaska State Fairgrounds and the Palmer Municipal Airport. This vastly increases the available square footage of open air and indoor exhibit space, allowing us to spread out and offer attendees a choice in their method of participation. In addition to complying with any applicable federal, state, and local health mandates, the following steps will be taken to ensure a safe and sanitary event environment:
- Use of masks will be encouraged throughout the venue, especially in areas with limited ability to social distance. Signage to that effect will be posted in and outside each exhibit hall. Masks will be provided, free of charge, at the entrances and in several areas throughout both venue locations.
- Hand sanitizer trees and handwashing stations will be provided in several areas throughout both venue locations.
- Based on an evaluation of the status of the pandemic in Alaska at the time of the event, we will be prepared to screen attendees for fever with touchless thermometers before entrance to the grounds at the red and purple gates.
- An open-air, socially distanced meeting area will be provided in a tent outside of Raven Hall for customers that prefer not to meet indoors. The tent will be staffed by an attendant to facilitate outdoor meetings with vendors and schedule appointments for customers.
- Contact surfaces such as tabletops and chairs will be sanitized with disinfecting spray each morning, evening, and periodically throughout the day.
- Seminar seating in Hoskins Hall will be arranged allowing for six feet of separation between chairs and the floors will be marked to encourage attendees to maintain the distance. Use of masks will be recommended and signage to that effect will be posted in and outside the building.
- Signs will be posted at entrances, shuttle bus stops, and in several areas throughout both venue locations recommending the use of masks and requesting that attendees maintain respectful distancing between themselves and others while attending the show.
- Signs will be posted at entrances, shuttle bus stops, and in several areas throughout both venue locations listing symptoms of COVID-19 and requesting that attendees not enter if:
- They have symptoms, they have reason to believe that they have recently been exposed to the virus, or if they have high risk factors or concern for their own health, or for the health of those they live with
- A direction of traffic flow through the exhibits will be established through floor markings and signage to prevent clustering of attendees.
- Masks will be required while riding the shuttle buses.
- Masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes will be provided, at no charge, to all bus riders before loading at the State Fairgrounds and South Palmer Airport bus stops. In addition, these items and a waste basket will be available inside each bus for any rider that may load at any other stop.
- The buses will be sanitized with disinfecting spray each morning, evening, and periodically throughout the day.
- Bus windows will remain down while buses are in use.
- All food vendors will be outdoors in open air.
- All food vendor employees will be required to wear masks at all times.
- No shared condiments will be provided, only individually wrapped servings.